Friday, April 8, 2011

PRE-SALE HAUL

Tonight was our community wide pre-sale yard sales for residences only.  I think I found three awesome buys and spent a total of $9!  Here are my FABULOUS finds:
 This kid came free with the chandy...just kidding, it's just my little camera hog.  That's his "fancy" smile.  The brassy chandelier was $5.  I was wanting more details and a little more gaudy, but for my first one, this will do.
 This tray is so chippingly awesome, I don't even think I need to do anything at all to it.  It was $2!


 This is my favorite though...a dinner bell.  Right?  That's what I'm going to call it anyway.  It's a little on the small size, I would love a HUGE one, but for $2, it's adorable.  I think I may paint this....maybe not.

So, I worked on some more signs and gathered other projects that I had finished and wanted to sell, BUT I don't think I'm going to try to sell at a yard sale.  Not sure it's the right place....may check out etsy...I have to figure out a way to sell my stuff though (otherwise I think my husband will flip over all my projects cluttering up the house).  Any ideas?????  Bueller?  Bueller??  Bueller???  Here's the stash:
 Please ignore the beads hanging from the chandelier....they are from Gasparilla two years ago.  We came home very, very late (or early, if you like), and I hung them there...there may or may not have been alcohol involved...You would understand my need to fix up the fabulous, brassy chandelier if you saw it (we're renters, so we don't have a choice, we have to live it with it, yuck.)

 The dinosaurs have taken over my house.....



 Really need to unload this stuff.....(and probably the beads too).  Anyone else out there in blog land have success with etsy??


Happy Friday!
Libby :)



10 comments:

  1. I'm lovin' that big bell thing; a really great price for the chandy too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow! Heather was not lieing when she said your house was took over my frames lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. you found some great stuff...love the painted tray...and yes, you need an etsy shop! and you could start if off with a bang by doing a giveaway with your pretty signs...thanks for linking up to fridays unfolded and sharing your bounty with us!

    blessings,

    alison
    stuff and nonsense

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome finds! And great signs and picture holders. Etsy is a great place to get started with selling. But...go cautiously because shipping a sign can cost more then the sign itself. :( And that's not Etsy's fault. But definitely check it out! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finds. I'm with you - I love that dinner bell!! I never seem to find anything at garage sales. Boo. But, so cool that others do! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving a sweet comment!! The freehanding aspect of the art probably made it take a lot longer. I could have taped it off or created a stencil from poster board after freehanding it on there... or something... but this worked for me. However, if you chose something angular, you could definitely just tape it off...

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. I would respond directly back to the comment email alert with an email, but your comments come in as no-reply. That can be changed in your blogger profile. Just click show email address. (Just in case that is helpful.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! Lots of great finds!! I agree with Carri...I have a shop on etsy & love it. But if items are heavy the cost to ship doesn't really work out. Give it a try though!
    New follower & looking forward to reading more :)
    Trisha
    www.roundaboutshop.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have an etsy shop and LOVE it! Since I do crafts as a hobby (and not a real job), it's a great way for me to recoup some of my costs so I can keep on crafting :)

    On another note, if you're seriously interested in selling some of your stuff, I LOVE the green board with the white bird and....it looks like a string that the bird is standing on, I think?

    I'll send you an email now so we can discuss.

    Thanks!
    Staci

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there! We are so thrilled that you came by and linked up to Inspiration Friday this week! I agree with Alison that you have some great items with which to start an Etsy shop. Everything is really lovely. :-) You scored some great treasures at the yard sales and I cracked up about your "camera hog" and his "fancy smile"! Hope we will get to see much more of you in the future,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for all the encouragement about starting an etsy shop! I think I'm going to go for it! I'm trying to become more comfortable taking chances, so all your comments are really helping me get the nerve to do it! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!