Monday, May 9, 2011

A FRAME FOR MY KAYDIE BUG....AND ONE FOR MY HANA BANANA

I made a little frame for my new granddaughter, Kayden.  I think my kiddos are getting a little jealous of everything I am making and buying for her, but it's so FUN to have a baby in the family!  I still consider Hagan my baby boy, but after holding a newborn, I realized just how big he is!  Sad!  At least he still likes to snuggle-buggie, so all is right in my world! 

I started out with a frame from Wal-Mart, it was less than $3, some paint I had on hand and some cute graphics I printed off of Google images.  I searched "funky trees" images and these owls popped up with them.  Too cute!

I thought I was finished, then I decided it needed something more, so I added the outline around Kayden and the polka dots.  I really love this frame and I hope my daughter does too!

I finished up a frame for Hana too...finally.  I painted this way back in March and yeah, I'm lame because I just hot glued the ribbons on today.  I bought this frame at a Goodwill for $3.06 (what is it with the 6 cents?)  We are going to make-over her bedroom this summer and she's going with plum and light gray, so I'm hoping this will match.  I'm in love with this color!  It is Krylon Rich Plum.  Before:

(When I remembered to take the picture :))  And AFTER:

Thanks for stopping by and I'm linking up to these parties:
A Little Tipsy
The Tattered Tag
Making the World Cuter
Polly Want A Crafter?
The DIY Home Sweet Home Project


Have a great Monday!
Libby :)

2 comments:

  1. Too cute! I love those little owls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Owls are so in right now! My oldest daughter loves them too.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!