Thursday, July 21, 2011

PICNIC BLANKET? YES, PLEASE! AND A FEATURE!

I am being featured At The Picket Fence: Inspiration Friday!
Thank you soooo much Vanessa and Heather!




I found Kathleen's, from Twig & Thistle, picnic blanket and I had to make one!
This is Kathleen's, isn't it gorgeous?

Well, unfortunately mine doesn't look anything like her's, but I like it anyway...and I'm not completely finished.  I bought a drop cloth from Home Depot back in March with ideas of making something out of it.  I had seen all these curtains and ottomans redone out of drop cloths, so I was pretty excited to buy one.  Then I got it home and remembered that I can't sew....my windows are too big for the size I bought....I don't have an ottoman....dang!  Yeah, it ended up at the bottom of my craft box.  Then I found this lovely picture on Pinterest and went to Twig & Thistle.  She made it out of a drop cloth!!!!!  I had one plus paint, so I got to work!

Picked my paint.  Went for summery colors, persimmon red and araucana teal.

"The Taping"  It sucked.  This is where I could have used Sarah B.  She gets all these angles and she would have had a brilliant (or logical anyway) idea of how to do equal chevron stripes.  I, however, did not....nor did I have the patience to wait until today and ask her to help me.  I'm like that....then it gets messed up, but I just embrace my imperfectiveness (that is now a word, you have my permission to use it).  
Oh...and Hagan decided to help me...without my permission.  *Sigh*


My only choice was to embrace Hagan's contribution.  Really, once that drop cloth sucks up the paint, it is staying on there.  That is a good thing and bad thing.  Here are some better pictures of the picnic blanket outside.


I'm going to add more chevron stripes, I'm thinking yellow.  I can't wait to use it at our free concerts in the park that we have every Friday here in my 'hood.  Woop woop!

I'm linking to these parties:
A Glimpse Inside
Fabulously Flawed: Super Sweet Thursday Par-tay
Paisley Passions
A Little Tipsy: DIY Under $5
House of Hepworths
Yesterday on Tuesday
At The Picket Fence
Stuff and Nonsense*Remodelaholic*

Somewhat Simple 
 Libby :)

4 comments:

  1. That is cute! I love the colors. Maybe we'll have a redo craft day ('cuz i want one) with a logical taping method.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! It would make a great beach blanket too! Thanks for linking up with DIY under $5!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Libby! You've got so much creativity here and I'm admiring them all. Can you please share your creative posts at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop? Hope to see you there :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to make it look super easy! I think I'm going to try this!

    Thank you for linking this up over at my lil party! ♥

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!