Wednesday, October 19, 2011

MY PROJECT AND A FEATURE

My Five Minute Halloween Wreath was FEATURED at Fun Family Crafts!  Thank you Amanda!

I have been working on special birthday decorations for my etsy shop, Libby Six Productions.  I am so excited!  I would love to eventually get into party planning, it's been a dream of mine for a while.  Everyone knows that I LOVE a good party!  I tend to go overboard on my own...well, just a teeny-tiny bit.  This is my latest:
I picked out some beautiful paper that I bought back in September and had used for another project.  I printed out two different bird templates from Google Images.

I try to fit on as many as a can so that I don't waste any paper.  Does anyone else save all the paper scraps "just in case?"  I do.....it's a sickness really.

Have I said that I love this paper?  I do!

Then I tore out some pages from a book that I bought at Dollar Tree for yet another project, this Craft Fail and I used watered down brown paint to age the edges.

And this the finished banner.  I used book pages, scrapbook paper, tulle and ribbons.  I like to make my banners so that they are adjustable.  However, my birdie garland below is not adjustable.

Aaww, pretty, little birdies....aren't they adorable?

The Happy Birthday banners and two birdie garlands.  The garlands are made with crumpled book pages, tulle, and ribbon.

These are my cupcake wrappers.  I used a coordinating cardstock base and added the pretty scrapbook paper over it.

Cupcake wrappers, cake bunting (made with scrapbook paper, ribbon and book pages) and simple cupcake toppers.

The matching gift bags and sign.

And finally, the food label tents.  I was inspired by this bird garland.




Pottery Barn
I used everything that I had on hand...for example, I wish I would have had more white ribbon, but *sigh* I didn't, so I used brown.  I think it still came out lovely as the brown picks up the aged book edges and some of the aging on the scrapbook paper.  I think this set would be perfect for a little girl's birthday tea party!  I have so many other ideas to go along with this, but, well, I'm sure whoever buys this would not like me hovering :)  Thanks for visiting!

The DIT Home Sweet Home Project
I Heart Naptime
Be Different...Act Normal
Funky Junk Interiors
Young and Crafty
Remodelaholic
Blissful and Domestic
French Country Cottage
2805
At The Picket Fence
Stuff and Nonsense
Common Ground
A Glimpse Inside
Fireflies and Jellybeans
House of Hepworths






10 comments:

  1. SOOOO Pretty! I love the paper prints!

    Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my pumpkin muffins; I'm sure they're great with vanilla cake too!

    ~*Jessica Lauren @ Copy-Cat-Crafter

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is all so cute! I would have gone batty with excitement at this party!! Love all the details and the birdies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Painting is such a great way to introduce about your description of ideas. Your prints are so bright and full of colours, your photos evocative, your selection of books wonderful. TKAMB is one of my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your feature. They are lovely projects, especially the banner

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to "rock what you've got" Libby! Your birds are so sweet and I love the paper your used. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your little bird banner is adorable! It's a great PB knock off!

    Thank you for linking to Potpourri Friday. I appreciate your participation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your blog...I found it on fireflies & jellybeans. I'm your newest follower. I hope you'll stop by my new blog & follow along too.
    loveofhomes.blogspot.com The bird theme is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colors and the birds! Looks like it turned out so well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So darling!! Thank you for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Libby, what a clever banner you made. I take it that it was made for somebody special's birthday. Thank you for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!