Thursday, November 17, 2011

Quick Craft and CHEAP too!

So, I noticed Dollar Tree had some large paper stars...normally, I buy mine from IKEA or Pier 1, but I thought, "Only a buck?  Let me try to paint them!"  I really, really love them!  I have three more to make so I can hang them in a group of five.  And to be totally honest...surprisingly, the paper is VERY thick!  Took the paint like a champ!  Sturdier than my fave star from Ikea....OK, so you may like the designs on the ones that come from the other stores, but seriously, just add glitter!  I'm late to the game, but I am discovering that glitter makes EVERYTHING better!











Linking here:
A Little Tipsy
sweet Little Gals
Twelve Crafts of Christmas
Rae Gun Ramblings
Making The World Cuter
Young and Crafty
Tatertots & Jello
Remodelaholic
The Charm of Home
Common Ground
2805
Stuff and Nonsense
Fabulously Flawed
At The Picket Fence

11 comments:

  1. Those are so cool! I'm headed to the Dollar Tree as we speak! Ok, I'm not, but I want to! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have one of those crazy stars sitting right here, wondering what I could do with it, 'cause it's just not me the way it is.
    Thanks for a great idea!
    Hugs- Tete

    ReplyDelete
  3. The stars look fabulous! You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm impressed! I would not have thought of this - they turned out great. I've not done much glittering either - but agree - what a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe those were only a buck! I'm gonna have to check out dollar tree soon, these turned out CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute, cost effective and straightforward to make. That ticks all my boxes.

    I would love it if you would link up to my second ever Christmas link party.

    http://twelvecraftsofchristmas.blogspot.com

    Rosie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. how clever, it looks amazing I'd love it if you would add this to my link party at http://raegunwear.blogspot.com/2011/11/what-i-wore-wednesdays-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO pretty!! Would LOVE it if you would link this up at my turquoise lovin' party going on right now! (also doing red for the holidays) http://www.sweetlittlegals.com/2011/11/turquoise-lovin-14.html#comment-form

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just found you through Creative Raisins's suggestion of her newly discovered blog! Happy new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this and featured it on this week's Thursday Par-tay!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea! I just did a post on painting some boxes from Dollar Tree http://www.saving4six.com/2011/11/wednesdays-what-i-found-dollar-store.html Gotta love paint...Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!