Tuesday, March 13, 2012

An Ombre Cake

Okay, so everyone knows I am not a baker. Not even a froster really. I can screw up the whole process pretty bad. Check out this picture!  Horrible, right?! Well, I'm in love with the whole ombre trend right now, actually, I wish I had long flowing loose curls so that I could color the ends lighter, but my hair is so short right now it would probably look like I just needed a new dye job. Anyway, I attempted to make an ombre cake today. Of course, I used box mixes! Duh. Box mixes and food coloring....
Strawberry

Vanilla

Ta-da!!! I promise I saw a cake like this.....well, it was done better, but I mean without fondant or icing covering the whole cake. 

It's a little crooked and there isn't much variation between the bottom two layers AND I didn't trim as well as I should have....But damn, it tastes GOOD! 

Have you ever tried something you saw on Pinterest and it didn't quite turn out how you envisioned it??  Please tell me I'm not the only one!



Linking here:
A Little Tipsy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!!!