Wednesday, April 20, 2011

LIZ at BON TEMPS BEIGNET is my HERO

After my failure with trying to make a subway sign for my husband for our anniversary, Liz came to the rescue!  Liz has an awesome blog called Bon Temps Beignet that I stalk...I mean follow.  I found her at a link party when she featured this wreath

The fleur de lis caught my attention (I'm a huge lover of all things fleur de lis) and her great ideas and style sucked me in!  After reading her blog, yes, all of it, I discovered the link to her etsy shop.  AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH (that's me singing like an angel is descending down upon me, c'mon people, imagine it!)  Isn't this the face of an angel???
  I fell in love with her designs.  It was exactly what I needed and imagined for my gift.  BUT THEN!!!  I discovered that she could put an image in the background!  Perfect! 

Liz created my poster once I provided her with my picture and everything I wanted it to say.  It was such an easy and fast transaction, really painless.  At least painless for me...she might have another story :)  I had the file within a few days!!  She did all the hard work for me (I am really computer illiterate) so she gets ALL the credit!  She also gave me great advice on how to mount the poster and where to get it printed.  She makes the customized posters, any size, for 20 bucks!  It cost me $5 to have it printed in an 18 x 28 size at Kinkos/Fed Ex.  That is a DEAL!!!  I went ahead and had them mount it to a poster board in store which was $20, but that was because I wasn't sure I could get it home unharmed.  Once home, I mounted it on wood and put a layer of Mod Podge over the top to protect it.  My husband loved it!   Home run BABY!

Please check out Liz at her blog and etsy shop!  You gotta see how she made these
And these
She's funny and creative and she's seems like a girl that I would have beer with any time!  Ooohhh, beer and crafting................that's a great idea!  Seriously, check her out!

Thanks for saving my ass and creating the best anniversary gift EVER! 
Libby :)


2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh girl, you have me blushing like a damn fool! You are too sweet. And btw, you were the perfect etsy customer! Thank you SO MUCH for the nice write up!!

    -your newest follower! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pictures do not do it justice. The words are so white, clear and crisp. It makes me smile every time I look at it. Yeah, yeah, I'm cheesy :) So sue me! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!