Tuesday, August 30, 2011

All Because Two People Fell In Love

Happy Tuesday everyone!  This is a project I did last week....going to hang it in the new guest/craft room....unless my daughter decides to take it home with her after her visit.  She's been wanting a sign that says this:

Started with a side of a cabinet that my daughter, Haley, painted plum, but it didn't survive the move to Kansas (got smashed in the U-Haul).  Of course I brought home some salvaged pieces!!!!  My husband wasn't amused.


First, I sprayed it black, then used Krylon's Blue Ocean Breeze.  Love it.

This is after sanding.  I couldn't even tell that I had sprayed it black....I really wasn't wanting the purple to show through the blue.

There's a tiny bit of black!

Added my vinyl that I purchased here on sale.


Oops..that wasn't supposed to happen.  It pulled off more paint.  Oh well, just make it work, right?

After MORE sanding.....I wasn't really happy with it, but then, Hana, my 14 year old, said she wanted it for her room and that one particular spot, she loved.  Okay then!!


I don't really think I would like Hana to hang it in her room because to be honest, I was making it with Heather in mind, but if Heather doesn't want it, it's going up for sale in the etsy shop!  Here is where it lives for right now:

Have a great day!
Libby :)


linking up to these parties:

1 comment:

  1. Glad I'm not the only one whose husband gives them the look when they keep scraps of stuff. :) Thanks for linking up with DIY under $5!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!