Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Five Minute Halloween Wreath....Seriously

This post is short and sweet.  I picked my daughter up from school, we came in the house, she sat down at the computer to do homework and I said, "Look what I just made."  Yeah, she was in disbelief too.  Seriously, took less than five minutes...I'm thinking more like two....took me longer to find the duct tape.  Seriously.

My supplies from Dollar Tree:  swim noodle, scary skeleton thing, two creepy nets = $4.  Already had on hand duct tape (who doesn't?) and black spider rings from last Halloween.

Had the trusty glue gun plug in, but didn't even need it.  However, I knew I wasn't hanging my wreath outside since I already have a pretty cute on the front door :)  If hanging it outside, I would have probably secured the net better.

I taped the ends and actually had planned on spray painting the wreath either black or gray (whichever I had more of), but then said forget it!  I didn't want to wait for paint to dry.

That's it!  I wrapped the net around, place random spiders and used the ribbon (had from last year) to secure the skeleton.  So fast and easy!

AND CREEPY!





Libby :)

6 comments:

  1. That is so creepily cute!

    Stopping by from the Super Sweet Thursday Party...


    And I'm now following you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it... the skeleton is just so awesome!

    -Tanya
    http://tanyaanurag.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute and scary?! However you came up with this, it's awesome! I like how the first comment put it "creepily cute"... suits it!

    Thanks for sharing :)
    Visiting from Midwest Sewing Girl's Everything Halloween Linky Party,
    ~Suzanne in NW Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is AWESOME! I love that you used a swim noodle...we have like 20,000 of those in our garage (we don't even have a pool...I think the boys use them as swords...)...so I'm sure the kids wouldn't mind if I borrowed one for an awesome wreath! So cool, Libby! And I love that it took you no time at all! Thank you so much for sharing it at my Everything Halloween party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just stopping by to let you know that I have featured your project on Fun Family Crafts! You can see it here
    http://funfamilycrafts.com/5-minute-spooky-halloween-wreath/

    If you have other kid friendly crafts, I'd love it if you would submit them :) If you would like to display a featured button on your site, you can grab one from the right side bar of your post above.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!